Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of School and Lunch Box Notes with the Silhouette

Hi all, happy September and happy first day of school for many of you.  We sent our little, or I guess now big, one off to her first Day of Kindergarten today!!!  It was exciting and emotional around here.  All excitement from her and all emotional for me.  Here is a pic of our big girl...


She is looking all smart, beautiful and grown up.  I made the sign by taking a frame we had and painting the back board of it with chalk board paint.  I then used a pencil sharpener to sharpen the chalk to a point to make the writing better.  Of course I got this idea off of Pinterest.  

To go along with her lunch box and show her how much we love her, I usually make a special card.  This year I decided I wanted to spread the love over the whole year and not just on special occasions.  I made a box of lunch note cards to keep in the kitchen to help me do it.  Here is what it looks like ...



This box is a Lori Whitlock design from the Silhouette online shape store.  I did have to look on Youtube to figure out how to assemble it.  I used some Dear Lizzy paper to cover the box and cut the title out with the Silhouette.  I decided to make seven different notes for the box so I did add some dividers and tabs to the box to keep them all organized.  Here are the notes ... 


I made these cards using the print and cut feature of the Silhouette.  Once I designed each one, I just duplicated them and was able to fit 6 to a sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch card stock.  I made 12 of each note to go in the boxes.  I also added a little stickles to each note to make them extra special.  Each note is 2.9" x 2.9".  Just the size to write a quick note for the kiddos.  

So that is all I have for you today.  Now that the kiddos are back in school I will definitely have more time to post my craftiness!!  Have a great day.