Friday, September 20, 2013

Daily Cleaning Charts

Happy Friday!!!  Hope you have some exciting stuff planned for the weekend.  We are going to do our normal, soccer games and general hanging out.  I hope to carve out some time for crafting.  We have several birthday's coming up that I needed to get going on.

Well today I have some cleaning charts that I made a couple months back.  See I had to make a schedule for myself because this is the first time I have had to clean the house myself in a number of years.  Back story:  About a year after my husband and I got married we bought a house.  We were both working at the time but I was doing all the cleaning and it led to many a disagreement!!  So we decided to get a cleaning service.  Best decision ever!!! Fast forward a number of years and we had kids and still kept the cleaning service because that meant I could spend more time playing with the kids.  Well one day my 5 year old came to me and asked when our lady was coming to make her bed.  I was flabbergasted and decided then and there that it was time to cancel the cleaning service and start dolling out chores and doing it ourselves.  You see, I think the greatest crime in this world would be to raise ungrateful and entitled kids.  So thats what we did. In addition to saving money, I am teaching my kids how to contribute to the family and making them self sufficient all with one decision.  So to keep us on track I made these cleaning charts ...


We have a three story townhouse that if done all at once would take about 6 hours to clean properly.  I decided to break up the task over the week.  Not so overwhelming that way.  I actually used the Designer Edition of Silhouette Studio to create these and then sent them to printer.  It is really cool that you can do that with the software.  The clipboard was my first attempt at Mod Podge.  I used two different pieces of scrapbook paper and then used some ribbon at the seams of the paper.

Well that is all for today and probably for the weekend.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment