Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Fun Birthday Card with the Silhouette

Afternoon all, I hope you are having a fun week.  I wanted to share with you a quick birthday card I made for my daughters teacher.  Her birthday is next week, and Charlotte can not stop talking about it.  Probably because it is close to her own birthday.  So here is the card I made ...


I used some paper from Heidi Swapp for the A2 card base.  I then made a fun frame for the card with the Silhouette, kinda hard to see in the picture.  To do this, first I created a square.  Then used an outline of a cupcake shape and put it in the middle of the square.  Next you select both those shapes and choose subtract in the designer edition software.  Then I created the Happy using the font Digs My Hart.  I overlapped it onto the cupcake.  I then select all the shapes and choose weld.  It created this cool frame which I sprayed with some Gold Lame color shine.  I cut the Birthday with some more Heidi Swapp paper and pop-dotted it onto the card.  Easy as pie.

That's all I have for today, hope you have a wonderful finish to your week.  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment