Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cupcake Decorating Birthday Party: Part 1

Good Evening everyone.  I am back as promised with the details from our Girls birthday party that we held this weekend.  It ended up being a great party.  All the planning and effort that went into it really paid off.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, we decided to have a cupcake decorating party.  There ended up being 19 kids between the ages of 3 and 7.  Crazy I know!!!  With that many children I decided to rent our Community Center.  We have almost white carpet through out our entire house, so there was NO way I was going to let 19 kids decorate cupcakes in our house.  Here is a picture of the room after I completed decorating. 


We hung pom-poms from the beams in the room.  I actually looked at purchasing these until I found out they cost $19.99 for only six of them.  I found a great tutorial here on Martha Stewart's website on how to make them.  I ended up making 10 multicolored pom-poms for about $8.00.  I then set up a seat for each child with their personalized aprons.  Here is a pic of the aprons I made for our girls.

I actually made one of these for each child, personalized with their name.  I forgot to take a picture of all of them in the rush to get them finished.  I found the aprons along with hats for about $5 each on Amazon.  I used Expressions Vinyl heat transfer vinyl and my Cricut to make these.  Here is another post on how I use this vinyl.  As a side note, I want to say, only because I have used it so much, that I am kind of getting disappointed with this heat transfer vinyl.  It doesn't seem to hold on well after washing.  Not sure if I am doing it wrong, or if that is the way all heat transfer vinyl is.  I may try a couple other brands in my next projects.  It looks really good on the first wearing but after that I have not had much luck.  Let me know if you have any ideas or info on this.  

With that I also had to make a couple bibs for the babies that were coming.  These did come out super cute as were the models wearing them!!!  Here is a photo of my adorable niece wearing one.


So that is all I have tonight.  I decided that I would break up the party details into several posts.  If I had not, this post would be a mile long.   Tomorrow I will be sharing some banners that I designed on Pic Monkey.  With that I will leave you with a photo of my sweet girls blowing out their birthday candles.  Hope you have a wonderful evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment