Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cupcake Party: Part 2 - Banners in Pic Monkey

Hi all, well I am back with Part 2 of my cupcake decorating party installment.  Today I am going to show you the banners I made as the background for the food table at the party.  I am not sure they are called banners or posters, whatever you call them, they came out great and were easy to make.  Here is the pic:


So I used Pic Monkey, the free online photo editing software.  This software is really cool with all the editing it allows you to do for free.  To start the posters I used some free Chevron images I found on Pinterest here. I uploaded the color I wanted to Pic Monkey and then added the labels and text.  Kimbo over at A Girl & a Glue Gun did a fabulous tutorial on Pic Monkey.  So after I had done all my editing I sent the files to my hubby, who is part owner of an Architecture firm, and he printed them on their color plotter.  You could also go to staples or an online printing company.  I made the banners 2' x 3'.  I think they came out pretty cute, and made an impact in the room.  Unfortunately, as you can see from the photo, we were not allowed to remove the original artwork from the walls before decorating.  They were actually screwed into the wall!!!. 

So that is all I have today.  Tomorrow I will share with you some of the table decor and favor box decorations.  Hope you have a fabulous day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment