Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cupcake Party: Part 3 - Table Decor and Favor Boxes

Good Evening everyone, hopefully your day was great.  I personally am looking forward to the weekend.  Well tonight I am back with some more cupcake decorating party details.  I am going to share with you the table decor and favor box decorations that I did. 



These are pic of the tables and the individual place settings that I did for the kids.  I decided that the first activity would be for the kids to decorate their chef hats.  As I mentioned in the first post, I got the aprons and hats as a set on Amazon for about $5 each.  I also scored and 80 count box of Crayola Fabric markers on Amazon for $40.  If you have ever looked at the cost of fabric markers at the crafts stores you will know that this is a steal.  They usually end of being about $5 a marker at the big box craft stores.  All the kids had a blast decorating thier hats, and to see their individual creativity was great.  As you can see in the photo above, I also made place cards for each child.  I used my Cricut Imagine, the Kate's ABCs cartridge and the Cupcake Lite cartridge to make these.  I then used Stickles to decorate the cupcakes printed on the cards.  My Imagine actually worked this time, and both print and cut the place cards. 


Here is the favor boxes.  I purchased pastry boxes designed to hold four cupcakes.  For the tag I again used my Imagine to print and cut the top layer.  I then cut the base layer in pink paper on my Expression.  Then I used hot glue to adhere the blue ribbon bows.  It was simple and I think added a special touch to the plain boxes.  Of course my cute little model makes it look fantastic.  She was so proud of the cupcakes she decorated all by here self. 


 So that is all I have for tonight.  Tomorrow will be my last installment, where I will share with you a Giant Cupcake game that I made for the kiddos.  Hope you have a calming evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment