Tuesday, October 30, 2012

BOO-Marks for Halloween

Hi all, I hope your week has been going well.  We made it through Sandy without losing any power or damage to our home.  I really think that we picked the perfect house because in the 8 years we have owned this house we have never lost power!!!  Amazing I know.  I have spent the time getting ready for Halloween.  I made our costumes this year, so I was finishing up those.  I will share those tomorrow or later in the week.  Today I am sharing the Boo-marks I made for my daughters treat bags at her school Halloween party.  Get it Boo-marks, bookmarks.  My daughter has started chapter books this year and has been begging me to make her some bookmarks for her books.  I thought that this would be the perfect non-edible treat for the favor bags.  So here they are:


I made three for each child in the class (a total of 42).  Here is how to make these bookmarks:
  • Cut a 3" x 6" sheet of cardstock and fold in half to make a 3" x 3" card
  • Cut each card in half diagonally - when you cut, you will end up with one section that stays together and the other section ends up being two triangles
  • Cut a 3" x 0.5" sheet of cardstock and fold in half width wise to close the end of the card - I used two strips to adhere the single triangles together
  • Decorate as desired
  • The tags are from Happy Hauntings cut at 2"
  • The monster and spider is from Create a Critter 2 cut at 1.5"
  • The ghost is from Simply Charmed cut at 1.5"

Here is what the bookmarks look like on a book.  The ghost is my favorite because of the googly eyes.  They sound complicated to make, but once you do one they are quick to put together.  


Here is a picture of them packaged for the favor bags.  I made the toppers using my Cricut Markers and the Happy Hauntings spooky font.  Here is a picture of what my craft space looks like when I am working on a project of this size:


Super messy huh!!!  I will clean it up tomorrow when the girls are at school.  So that is all I have for you tonight.  I hope you have a safe and Happy Halloween.  Thanks for stopping buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment