Friday, October 19, 2012

Cupcake Party: Part 4 - Cupcake Game

Happy Friday everyone!!!  So excited it is the weekend.  We are going to enjoy some quiet family time, maybe check out the fall foliage on Sky Line Drive.  So today is the last installment of the cupcake decorating party series.  I am going to share with you a giant felt cupcake that I made for the kids to play pin the sprinkles on the cupcake.  It was super easy to make, and incredibly inexpensive.  I am talking, I only spent about $5 to purchase the felt needed for this project. 


So the way I made this was I decided that the whole game should be about 3' tall.  My youngest is only 38" and I wanted her and her friends to be able to reach everything.  I then made myself a small sketch on paper and followed it as a guide when I cut the felt.  I then hand cut all the sprinkles and the cherry out of different colored felt.  We hung it on the wall, put a blind fold on the kids and spun them until they were pretty dizzy.  All the kids had a blast playing the game and it gave some friends time to put out all the decorating supplies for the real cupcakes.  Here is my cutie playing.


So that is it, super easy and super cute.  I may try to make some felt envelopes this weekend for the girls to play mail with.  I have a ton leftover.  I will leave you with some other photos from the party.  I hope you have a great weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment