Thursday, June 28, 2012

Elmo Birthday T-Shirt with Cricut

Hi all

Hope the week is finding you well.  We are still here with family.  It is amazing how much more time I have for blogging when I don't have my craft room to work in.  But that just means I get to share more of my projects with you.  So today I have a T-shirt I did for my husband's co-worker.  Her little boy is turning 1 soon and she wanted an Elmo birthday t-shirt for him.  So here is what I came up with:


So for this T-shirt I used a product that I am new to, Expressions Vinyl.  I ordered all the colors I needed of the heat transfer vinyl.  After watching some videos on their website, I quickly learned how to work with it and the Cricut.  I learned that the key is not to cut through the plastic transfer backing, only the vinyl.  This was done by setting my blade to 2, speed to medium and pressure to medium.  It was really easy to work with and I think this is my favorite t-shirt medium so far.  The one trick also is that you need to flip all your images.  This is easily done in CCR though.   Once the images are cut you just use your iron to transfer the vinyl to the t-shirt.  Here are the details on the cuts.

T-Shirt Recipe:
  • Font from Elmo's Party cut at 1" and 1.5"
  • Font from Plantin Schoolbook cut at 1.6"
  • Elmo face from Elmo's Party cut at 5.5"
  • Streamers from Elmo's Party cut at 2"
  • Expressions Vinyl
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED it!!! Thanks so much aqain :) It was a hit at the party :)

    ReplyDelete