Thursday, January 31, 2013

Pinterest Wednesday : Mug Brownie

Hi all, I know I am a day late on this one.  It was due to my travels this past week.  We had a wonderful time with my brother and his family.  So today I decided to do something easy peasy.  I found this recipe on Pinterest for a brownie in a mug and I just had to try it.  Here is the original pin:


The link to the pin doesn't go anywhere but a thumbnail picture.  So I just followed the directions on the pin.  I combined 1/4 cup each of sugar, flour, and cocoa powder.  Then I mixed in 2Tbsp of olive oil and 3Tbsp of water.  I then placed the mug in the microwave for exactly 1 minute and 40 seconds.  Here is what came out:


The top left picture is of the ingredients, the top right picture is of them mixed all together, the bottom left is what came out of the microwave, and finally the bottom right is my girls enjoying the brownie.  I was pleasantly surprised that it came out as well as it did.  The girls loved it.  I made another for myself and topped it with some vanilla ice cream.  It was really good, but really rich.  I wouldn't say the best brownie I have ever had, but if you really had a craving this would certainly fix that problem.  Now if you are on Weight Watchers, like I am supposed to be, it came out to 15 points plus for one whole mug.  I couldn't finish it because it was so rich.

So there you have it, go ahead a try out some of those crazy recipes you find on Pinterest, they might just surprise you!!!  Have a great evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment