Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Week Day 4 - Easy Valentine's Tea Towels

Hi all, I am back again!!!  I am getting caught up on Valentines Week with this Day 4 post.  I wanted to show you how I have come to love to decorate for any holiday : Making Tea Towels for the kitchen.  You can buy a pack of three white linen Tea Towels from Target for about $4.  Then you just let your creativity take hold.  Here are the towels that I created for Valentine's Day ... 


So I realize that the pictures are kind of hard to see, that's what last minute picture taking gets me.  Anyway the top tea towel was super simple and fast to make.  I used my new sewing and embroidery machine to embroider the cupid and word Love onto the towel.  It was fast and easy and didn't take much effort on my part.  

The second towel I actually made from scratch.  I had some leftover fabric, well a bunch of leftover, from some kids shirts that I will share with you tomorrow.  I actually hemmed the towel all by myself.  It was super simple, but I was nervous, as this is the first sewing project I have made.  After I made the towel, I used my Cameo and some heat transfer vinyl to add the designs on the towel.  

The third towel was a bit more complicated, but I think worth the effort.  I took all my different Valentine's ribbon and arranged them in a heart pattern.  I then used the sewing machine to sew the ribbon to the towel.  This took a little bit of effort, and it is by no means perfect when you see it up close.  But it was good practice for sewing straight lines and using pins.  

That's it, I hope you have a fabulous day.  I will be back tomorrow with my final post for Valentine's Week.  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment