Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Week Day 3: Easy Mantel Decor

Hi all hope your week is going well.  We are currently digging out from over a foot a snow, with more to come tonight.  It is fun though when you have this much snow!!!  So I missed yesterday because I had to take care of our Troops cookie delivery.  It was a very busy day ...  and might I mention that it is not fun being on a diet when there 450 boxes of Girl Scout cookies in your living room.  Anyway ... today I wanted to share my Mantel Decorations for Valentines Day.  One of the things I wanted to concentrate my crafting on this year was home decor.  Especially for Holidays.  So here is what I created ... 


I really love Burlap, but wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  I ran across a roll of this burlap ribbon and decided that I could stencil it.  When one of my friends was over for a play date we decided to cut the roll in half and each make a banner or table runner for Valentine's Day.  I used my Cameo to cut some stencils out of Freezer paper.  We then used the stencils with some paint and foam brushes to paint the designs onto the burlap.  I think they came out pretty cute.  

I also decided to create the framed art works.  Here is what they each look like ... 



I used my Cameo and the print and cut feature to create these posters.  To add some visual interest, I cut some parts of each of the words out of double sided sticker paper and added glitter to them.  It was simple project, but I really love how they add and anchor point to the mantel.  

That's all I have for now, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment