Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Valentine's Week Day 2: Kids Classroom Valentine's

Hi everyone, as promised I am back for day two of my Valentine's crafts week.  Today I wanted to share with you the Valentine's that the girls and I created for their classroom exchanges.  They had definite opinions on what they wanted.  

First I will start with my youngest.  She saw me perusing Pinterest one day and saw some Owl valentines that she really wanted.  Here is the version that we created ... 



To make these, I used the Set of four Owl shapes from the Silhouette online store.  I then placed a heart in the center so that it would be cut out of the front of the shape.  To get the the candy in the center of the heart, I used a snack sized zip lock bag.  I then had to sew a smaller pouch to attach to the front of the card.  I then attached the back to the front and made sure to squeeze the candy through the heart.  It was a little intensive with the sewing but otherwise they were easy to do.  My daughter had a blast putting the eyes and noses on and signing them.  

My oldest daughter is into the same things every other school aged child.  For that reason she chose Fox Valentines.  I admit I did have fun designing these ones ... 



I wanted to use hearts to make the base shape.  I then used the tail and ears from a cute fox I found in the Silhouette shape store.  It is hard to see but the pattern on the card frame is a heart pattern.  Of course, the sentiment on the front of the card says "What does the Fox Say", and the back "Happy Valentines Day".  She had a good time assembling them and signing them as well.  

That is all for today.  I hope your week is going well!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment