Sunday, January 13, 2013

Happy New Year -- I Know I am a Little Late

Hi all - whew what a start to the year.  I wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year even though it is a little late.  It has a been a weird start to the new year for me.  First I have been missing because I didn't even have family gone until the 4th and then two days later I promptly got sick with some virus that caused me to have vertigo followed by extreme weakness.  Let's just say it hasn't been fun.  So now I am back up and running and ready to start my New Year.  I have been crafting sporadically in my absence.  I have to say a big thanks to my DH who got me a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas.  He didn't even know I wanted one!!!  Did all the research by himself.  I have to tell you I am absolutely in love with it.  Now don't go getting the wrong idea and thinking I will be kicking my Cricut to the curb, because that is definitely not the case.  It is just has way more capabilities when it comes to making your own designs and typography.

So with that here is my first project of the year.  It is our New Year's cards.  I usually don't send New Years cards, but since I didn't get around to making Christmas cards this year I thought I would send them out. Here is the pic:


I again had to keep it super simple because I had to make 25 of them.  I used the Cameo to cut the 2013 and the tag.  The text on the inside is done with the Cameo's print to printer function - which opens up a whole new world of possibilities in making your own cards and invitations.  The Chevron paper on the bottom layer was from a pin on Pinterest here.  Happy New Year is stamped in silver ink and I used silver Stickles to accent the tag.  If you can believe it, I actually took that photo of us.  I love my camera remote!!!  I am entering this in a challenge at the Cameo Creations Challenge blog, a new blog I found in my Cameo research.

So there you have it.  I hope you have had a great New Year and continue to find inspiration throughout the year.

1 comment: