Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pinterest Wednesday - Valentine's Wreath

Hi all hope your week is going well.  Well today is Pinterest Wednesday and I have decided to do a home decor project.  I want to do more home decor this year because really I only decorate for the fall and Christmas.  I would love to decorate for more of the holidays, such as Valentine's Day.  I got this idea of course from Pinterest.  Here is the inspiration: and here is the link that the pin goes too:


So my kids constantly collect pine cones and I keep them in a box in the garage.  Sometimes we make pine cone bird feeders but mostly they just sit there.  This wreath gave me a way to use some of them and add some Valentine's Day decor.  Here is what I created:


First the kids and I dipped the pine cones in some house paint that we had.  These are all colors that are actually in my home.  Allowing them to dry was the biggest pain, because I constantly had to turn them as the top side dried to get them to completely dry.  Then I cut a shipping box into a shape of a heart and hot glued the pine cones to it.  Next I used the Silhouette Cameo and the free shape of the week to make the banner.  It was really convenient that the free shape of the week was a Valentine's banner.  I used the print and cut feature to make the banner all one layer.  I only have one more step that I would like to do to make it more weather resistant.  I want to go purchase some self laminating pouches and laminate the banners so that the paper isn't exposed to the elements.

So I hope you have enjoyed and make sure you go do stuff with all those pins!!!  Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment