Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shaped Easter Cards - Part II

Hello all, hope you are having a great weekend.  We are having a wet one here on the east coast.  So wet the Easter Egg hunt for today was cancelled.  That's okay though, because we are still going to head over to our friends house for dinner tonight, should be fun.  We today I am continuing with the Easter theme here.  I have made two really cool shaped cards to give for Easter.  These are incredibly easy to do with the Craft Room by Cricut.  Here is the first card.




This first card is made from the Create-a-Critter cartridge.  There is the image of the cracked egg.  I placed this on the mat in the Craft Room and then copied and flipped it horizontally.  I then welded the two eggs together to make the card.  I then used scrap pieces of pattered paper to make to stripes on the egg.  I think this is one of my favorite cards I have made to date.  Just came out so darn cute.  Oh and again, all the paper for this card came from my scrap paper bin, yeah!!  I am entering this card into a challenge over at the Twineology blog.  

Card Recipe:
  • Cracked Egg from Create-a-Critter cartridge cut at 4"
  • Chick from Create-a-Critter cartridge cut at 3"
  • Twine from Timeless Twine
  • Flower and button from stash
  • Google eyes from dollar store
The second card I have for you is along the same lines but a different shape.  I used the same welding method described above in the Cricut Craft Room to make the card base.








Card Recipe:

  • Hatched Chick and layers from Simple Charmed Cartridge cut at 5.5"
  • Spring ribbon from Michaels
  • Scrap pattered paper for the polka dots
If you would like the cut files for these cards for the Craft Room or the Gypsy let me know and I will email them to you.  Hope you have enjoyed the cards and have a fantastic weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Cute cards! Thanks for playing along with Timeless Twine this month!
    Kathy
    Timeless Twine DT
    http://kathyand3kids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards! I just came across your blog and am a new follower, I look forward to more of your creations. I would love for you to stop by my blog and follow me too!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete