Thursday, March 1, 2012

Photo Book for a Toddler

Good evening all, hope your week as been great and productive.  I am excited that tomorrow is Friday!!!!  Yeah my hubby comes home and we can have a weekend of fun.  I am thinking Ice Skating.  My 2yo has never done it, but when we took her to see Disney on ICE a couple weeks ago she was so excited she lifted her little leg in the air and screamed "I skate I skate".  So I am thinking that should be on our agenda.  Anyhow, the craft I have for you today is a photo book I created for a friends toddler.  They get quite a bit of Christmas photo cards over the holidays and she was just letting her toddler pull then out of a bag to look at them.  When I said that I could bind them into a book my friend said sure.  So without further adieu:





The process for the book went as follows:  First I matted all the Christmas photo cards onto 9" x 6" card stock.  This was the smallest I could use based on the size of the photo cards and to ensure that when bound none of the pictures would have holes in them.  The covers are done using 12x12 chipboard that is then cut down to 6" x 9".  I then used pretty paper to cover the chipboard.  The really interesting thing I did was to create a magnetic closure for the book.  You can see from the first and last photo that there is a flap that opens.  This flap magnetically closes to the front of the book.  I got the idea from one of Heidi Swapp's episodes on My Craft Channel.  It is a video tutorial of an 8x8 book that she did with a magnetic enclosure.  I will leave all the details to her.  Next time I do something like this I will try to photograph it in the stages of the project.  I used my new Bind-it-all to bind the project.  The name Kiran was done with embossing powder.

I hopped by one of the blogs I read regularly and found out they were having a challenge.   I came, I saw, I created holds a color challenge every week.  This weeks challenge was to use Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, and Old Olive.  She gives you the RGB codes for each color.  My papers already had these colors in there, but because I needed to embellish the book a little, I pulled out my Imagine.  The camera  is cut from the Create-a-Critter cartridge at 3.5".   I used the Cricut Imagine to print and cut the camera with the exact RGB codes.  It came out great!!!  I then used some glossy accents on the lens, flash, and shutter button. 

I realize this is different from my normal posts were I usually give a craft recipe at the end of the post.  I decided to be a little more verbose in this post.  Please comment and let me know if you like either style better or would like to see a combination of both.  Thanks so much for coming by and have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a good friend you are to make her such a special album! And isn't the ability to type in RGB's on the Imagine such an awesome feature? I love how you utilized glossy accents on the camera for interest. Ok...now I am the verbose one! ;) Thank you for linking up at the Creative Color Challenge this week!

    Renee at icameisawicreated@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete