Thursday, March 22, 2012

Easter Cards - Part 1

Hi all, I hope that the week has been going well.  I finally got to some crafting last night and made my first of several Easter cards that I will be making this year.  I love this time of year because it means that everything is in bloom and there are new beginnings.  This first card that I made really has all the bright colors that I love.




I base the color design around the ribbon.  I don't have any Easter stamps so I let the ribbon do the work for me.  Also all the paper used on this card was from my scrap bin.  I get excited anytime I don't have to use a brand-new piece of paper.

Card Recipe:

  • Card base is 5" x 5" white card stock
  • Scalloped matting is cut from the Elegant Edges cartridge at 4.75" 
  • I used the Cuttlebug polka-dot folder to emboss the mat
  • Bunny scene is from Kate's ABC's cut at 3"
I will be posting many more Easter/Spring cards as I get them finished.  I am entering this card in the weekly challenge over at My Craft Spot.  Thanks for stopping by, I am now off to get my hair done, yeah!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! I just love that image from Kate's ABCs and the wonderful embossed mat is just perfect behind it!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete