Thursday, March 15, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Card

Good evening all.  I hope your week has been going well.  We have had the best weather here so we have been spending much of our time outside.  So the project I have for you today is to celebrate St. Patrick's day.  My husband is actually Irish so I thought I would make him a card.  When I told him I was making a card he said "do we normally exchange cards on St. Patrick's Day?".  My response to him was no I am not expecting a card in return and it is really just an excuse to craft.  So here it is:





Card Recipe:

  • A2 size card base in Kraft
  • Frame is from DCWV Bloom stack cut at 5.25" from Elegant Edges - Oblong Clover cut
  • Shamrock is from digital St Patrick's Day cartridge cut at 2.8"
  • Sentiment is from two My Pink Stamper sets: Everyday Life and Friend-tastic
  • Gold Stickles
  • Crop-a-dile for the eyelets
  • Corner Chomper to round the corners
So that's my card, I plan to write some gushy note inside just to let him know I love him.  I also made some Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes (for adults only) from a recipe that I found on Pinterest.  They came out really yummy.  No picture though because I can make a cupcake taste great but my frosting skills are a little lacking.   I am entering this card in the challenge over at My Pink Stamper.  She had the monthly blog hop all about St. Patrick's Day.  You should definitely check out the projects because they were great.  That's it for me, hope you have a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment