Friday, October 25, 2013

The Big Birthday Celebration

Hi all, it's been awhile I know.  Well finally the birthday madness is over!!  Whew, I didn't think it was ever going to end.  It's not that I don't appreciate the girls birthdays, but it is a bit overwhelming having them in the same month.  So this post is all about their birthday party.  We combine them since they are only two years in age apart, although I think that this may be the last year I get away with it.  They decided that they wanted a pool party this year, and since we have a wonderful rec center with a great indoor pool I went with it.  Here is the invitation I created ... 


I used the Cameo's print and cut feature to create the beach ball cover and the ball with the text on it.  I then used a brad to attach the top to the bottom and allow movement.  I used a tape gun to attach the bottom of the ball to the chevron card stock.  That's it, pretty simple.  



This is the banner I made to hang up in the party room.  I used a flip-flop shape I found in the Silhouette online store.  I had to alter the shape quite a bit to get it to work out.  The shape is designed so that the only thing that cuts is the outer frame and thong part, basically the purple part in the picture above.  Here are the steps to make it cut just the sole of the flip-flop:
  • Place the flip-flop shape on your mat in the Designer Edition software
  • Select the shape and select ungroup
  • Copy one of the flip-flops
  • Select one of the flip-flops and then chose Modify and Release compound paths
You do this to both the right and left flip-flop.  Once I cut and assembled all the flip-flops, I used the Silhouette double sided adhesive to create the letters.  I sprinkled each letter with some Martha Stewart purple glitter.


These are the goodie bags I made for each of the kids.  Just a simple print and cut project.


And these are the push-pop cakes that I made.  My husband made the stand for these a couple year's ago.  All I did was change out the ribbon around the edge to match the party.  

We that is all I have for you today.  It was an awesome party, and really one of the easiest kids party I have ever done.  I hope you have a great weekend.  I am off to start the kids Halloween costumes!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment