Sunday, March 24, 2013

Glitter T-shirts - Pinterest Inspiration

Hi all, hope your weekend is going well.  I have been missing in action lately.  I have been crafting, just no time to post my projects.  So today I have a project inspired by Pinterest.  I made my girls some t-shirts for St Patrick's Day.  I wanted to try making a t-shirt with glitter like I saw on Pinterest.  Here is the result:


The inspiration came from a Pin I found.  Here is the link to my Pin.  The website that the Pin directs you to has great instructions on how to create these shirts.  I cut the shamrock out of freezer paper using my Silhouette and the free shape of the week.  I then ironed them onto the shirts.  I used a foam brush to spread the E6000 glue onto the fabric and then applied the glitter.  One suggestions is to do this in a well ventilated area because this glue stinks.

So I have a couple problems with the t-shirts and they ended up going in the trash after the first and only wearing.  So maybe I needed to use a different application technique, but after it was dry I could tell I didn't get the glue on all the spots on the fabric.  The second thing is that this glue really stinks and even after I washed and dried the t-shirts, the smell was still there and it is not pleasant.  If I try this again, I will use a different fabric glue.  Third this is a messy project, the glitter gets everywhere and even after the glue was dry there was still glitter coming off the shirts.

So this was a fun project but I need to do the executing different next time, if I even decide to do it.  Don't get me wrong the shirts were beautiful and the girls loved them but not sure if the mess and smell was worth it.

Hope you have a great weekend!!