Saturday, March 30, 2013

Birthday Goodies with the Silhouette

Hi all, happy Saturday.  It has been a fun week here in Florida.  We went to the zoo, and the beach, and Legoland this week so we have been busy.  Today I am getting a sort of day off.  I just got back from getting a gel manicure for the first time and later today I am going to play golf with my Dad.  Love relaxing!!!

So today I have some Birthday Goodies I made for a good friend of my husbands.  He turned 40 this year and we went on a wine tour with a party bus to celebrate with him and his family.  So I had to make something crafty for him of course.  Here is what I came up with after surfing Pinterest.


This is just 40 suckers stuck into a foam block from the craft store.  I covered the foam with some Christmas wrapping paper turned inside out.  The chevron ribbon is from Joann's.  I then made the tag with my Silhouette   The faux stitching on the bubble is done using a Sakura gel pen.


I thought this card was appropriate since we were going wine tasting to celebrate.  I used the print and cut feature on the Silhouette to create the card front.  I pooped up the 1973 oval to add some dimension to the card.  The base of the card is Heidi Swapp color magic chevron paper sprayed with some black color shine.  I didn't let the color shine sit on the paper to long because I did want a more grey look.

So there you have it.  I have a couple friends turning 40 this year so I am really going to have to get creative with my cards and gag gifts.  Hope you have a great weekend!!