Monday, February 25, 2013

Lion Birthday Card with the Cricut

Hi all - Hope you have all been well.  We have been a sickly bunch over here.  I was out for the weekend and now my oldest has strep.  I am really ready for the winter and the sickies to be gone.  So today I have a really cute birthday card I made for one of my favorite little boys.  He turned the ripe old age of 3 this past weekend.  We had a fun day listening to his favorite band at a local coffee shop.  So here it is:


Card Recipe:

  • Red card base is 5.5 x 5.5
  • The polka dot paper is from a Cricut paper stack that came with my Expression cut at 5" square
  • Birthday Lion cut at 2.5" from Create a Critter 2 cartridge and popped with a pop dot
  • Party Time sentiment cut at 2" from Create a Critter 2 cartridge
  • Doodlebug twine in yellow for the hat and blue for the word party.  I just used my glue pen to trace the letters and then lined the letters
  • Yellow ribbon from my stash
I really love how this card turned out.  The twine adds such a special touch that makes the card stand out.  I am entering this card in two challenges:  The Pop challenge over at My Craft Spot and the Pet challenge over at Exploring Cricut.  

Thanks for visiting today.  I will have the gift that went with the card for my Pinterest Wednesday.  Hope you come back and see it.  Have a great week.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did with the twine! This is such a cute card for a big 3 year old guy :) Thanks for playing along with us at Exploring Cricut this week!
    Michelle Exploring Cricut DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! CAC2 is probably my favorite cartridge! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the adorable card and thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card!! Love the colors, the lion and how you used the twine. Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Exploring Cricut!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! The lion is so much fun and I love how you added the twine to the letters! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I love the lion, and your use of the twine. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Exploring Cricut this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! LOVE the twine on the letters! Thanks so much for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did with the twine! Your card is so cute with bright colors and such a cute lion. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete