Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi all just wanted to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day, hope you get to some love from someone special today.  I wanted to share with you the rest of my Valentine's crafts.  The first is a card I made for my hubby:


Here is the card Recipe:

  • Card base is 5.5" x 5.5" white card stock. I inked the edges with red Staz On ink and rounded the corners with the corner chomper
  • The felt heart garland and mini clothespins are from Michaels.  They were one $1 so I had to get them
  • The owls are cut with the Cameo and can be found in the Silhouette store here
  • The heart bubble tag was a free shape of the week from Silhouette.  I printed the phrase and cut out the shape using the print and cut feature on the Cameo.  I then lightly inked it with the red Staz On ink
  • Used some stickles on the owl ears and the eyes to add some sparkle to the card
So I have found what I don't like about the Cameo.  When you purchase an image that has layers you have to separate the layers yourself, meaning you can't pull in one layer at a time like the Cricut.  Makes the design process a little longer.  But there are always pluses and minuses to everything!!

Here is the second project I have for you today:


I had to make goodies for my daughters school party today.  I decided to make some Red Velvet Whoopie pies.  I found these cute owl bags at Michaels for $1.00.  This is a steal because there were 25 bags in the package.  I then used the Cameo to print and Cut these labels on adhesive card stock.  Talk about an easy way to make labels, I was done with all 15 labels in about 10 minutes.  

That's all I have for you today, hope you have a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment