Thursday, August 23, 2012

What Have I Been Up To??

Hi all hope your week is going well.  We have been hanging out enjoying the last days of summer.  Weather willing we will be heading to the beach next week for one last hurray!!!  I love summer but I am ready to get the schedule going again and have a little free time with the girls in school.  So here is what the girls and I have been up too.  Of course I have to get them started early with a love for crafts, and they do love being in mommy's craft space.


We created butterflies out of toilet paper rolls.  They really love using mommy's supplies and tools to create their very own butterfly.  It was a great 45 minute activity on a rainy summer day.  So here is what I have been up to.  I have been taking a live web-class by Heidi Swapp called Color Magic Live.  It uses her newest papers and inventions, such as the Color Magic papers and memory files to create cards, albums and such.  The first class was Tuesday and there are two more classes this week.  Here is what I have created so far.


It is a collection of cards.  The Color Magic paper is really great.  It has a pattern that you mist, or stain with ink.  The color only sticks to certain parts of the paper to create the patterns.  Basically you can create with any color you want.  I have to admit it is a little messy for my taste but I love the limitless of it.  Well there you have it, I am off to take the second installment of the class.  Hope you have a great week and thanks for visiting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment