Monday, July 2, 2012

Vacation and a Late Post

Hi all

We are still here in sunny Florida.  It is actually cooler here than back home so I am glad we are down here this week.  It is still hot but it helps that my parents have a pool and we are only 10 minutes from the beach.  That is were went ventured today.  The kids had a blast.  The only problem is that my 2yo does not like being dirty so every time she would get sand on her hands we had to run down to the water to clean them off.  In some ways it is really nice having a child that does not like to be dirty but in others it can be a hassle.  Here is a picture of the little ones at the beach.


So the project I have this week is a Father's Day project that I didn't get to post.  I got the idea off of Pinterest, one of my time sucks.  The link I had was actually and etsy shop that was selling it and I thought I could whip that out in about five minutes with my Cricut.  So here it is.


This is an 8.5" x 11" sheet of white card stock.  The tree is cut from the Ultimate Creative Sampler at 8.5".  I then cut all the leaves off the tree to have only the trunk and branches.  The text below is from Plantin Schoolbook cut at 0.8"  Then I just used kids paint in red and yellow to do their hand prints.  The one thing I did learn in this project is that I should double up on the card stock before doing the hand-prints.  There is a little crease in the paper from how the paint dried.  My husband absolutely loved this gift and plans to hang it in his office.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment