Anyhow I am going to share with you the Advent calendar that I made. I really love how it turned out and plan to use if for years to come. I got the idea here and made some simple changes that I think made it a little special. I have been using all of the inspiration floating around the blog-o-shpere and am really thankful for all the ideas.
So here is the calendar and video of how to make the pockets. The original author used library pockets but since I didn't have any of those lying around my video shows how I made them and then embellished them.
- For the pocket cut down a manilla file folder to 8" x 4" and score at 3.75". See the video for more instructions
- The base layer ornament is 2.77" x 3.75" from Simply Charmed
- Top layer ornament is 2.36" x 3.2" from Simply Charmed
- Numbers at 1.25" from Plantin Schoolbook
- Insert card base is 3.5" x 3" from Once Upon a Princess
- Insert card top layer is 3.10" x 2.30" from Once Upon a Princess