Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day - T-shirts and Bloopers

Good evening everyone.  Hope you have had a fantastically green St. Patrick's Day.  We had a pretty good day here except for the snow!!!!  Really sick of the snow!!!  Anyway, we made it a fun day, except for the cleaning.  Because the girls were supposed to go to school today, I made them some shirts that would keep them from getting pinched.  My youngest was especially scared of being pinched this year, so I went with that and made her a "Pinch Proof" t-shirt.  


I used my Silhouette to cut out this shamrock from some fabric that I had purchased last year.  I then appliquéd it onto the t-shirt and used the embroidery feature on my sewing machine to add the Pinch Proof text.  


For this t-shirt I used the same technique as above with the shamrock.  I then made a stencil with some freezer paper and my Silhouette for the words.  I coated the stencil with some Fabri-Tac and then sprinkled some green fabric glitter.  Super simple, but we will see if the glitter lasts through the wash.  I was trying to avoid using the E6000 glue because it stinks so bad.


I also made some simple hair bows with some some leftover green ribbon and some strips of the shamrock fabric.  


Here are my cuties.  I am not sure why Corianne always looks like she is about to cry in these photos, I really don't make her take the photos!!!


See now she looks happy.  Rainbow cupcakes will make anyone happy and smiley right.  So that's all I have for today, hope you have a great week and it is warm where you are.  I am going to leave you with a blooper photo of what happens when you leave your embroidery machine unattended.  


Her t-shirt went from long sleeve to 3/4 sleeve because of this!!!!  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment