Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year

Hi all, wanted to wish you a Happy New Year!!!!  I always love the New Year holiday.  It is a sort of personal fresh start where anything is possible.  Not that I have very big resolutions this year!!!  I haven't even really though about it.  Maybe after my kids go back to school on Monday I can sit down and jot some things down.  Kinda ready for the kids to get back to school, if you can't tell.

So for New Year's Eve we had a family that we are close with over for a sleep over.  We had four adults and four kids running around acting crazy!!!  So to spruce up the house for the party, I made a couple New Year's inspired decorations.  

First I made a banner, for some reason no party seems complete without a banner!!



I used Lori Whitlock's banner shape from the Silhouette store for the shapes and letters.  The patterned paper is from Heidi Swapp's holiday collection.  The letters where cut from Silhouette double sided adhesive and then covered with some Martha Stewart gold glitter.  

Second, I made some table decor for the food table.  


These are some 3-D top hats.  Interestingly, I couldn't find just a 3D top hat in the Silhouette Store.  I had to purchase the Snowman Top Hat with Face file and remove the snowman face.  I then added the 2014 from the Lori Whitlock photo props file, some feathers and ribbon.

Finally, I made some photo props.  Wanted to have an excuse to take a fun group photo to remember the night by.  


I used Lori Whitlock's New Years Eve photo prop files found in the Silhouette store.  Just used a variety of different papers and colors to cut the props.  I then glued a skewer to the left side and wrapped it with some black washi tape.  They were super fun and the kids especially had a blast with them.


Here we all are with the fun props.  So that is all I have for you today.  I hope you have a fabulous New Year and accomplish all your goals and dreams.  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment