Sunday, December 1, 2013

Silhouette Tutorial on Modifying Shapes to make a Christmas Card

Hi all, Happy December!!!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  It was a quiet one for us, as it was only the four of us.  But it was very relaxing that way.  On Friday we went out and cut down our first Christmas tree.  It may be a little bigger than it looked in the open field, but I love it.  It was so much fun to go out and pick a tree and then actually cut it down.  My husband and I had never done that in our lives!!!  

So onto the post.  I mentioned last time that I actually got my Christmas cards done this year.  I love that all I have to do is address them and put them in the mail.  I searched high and low for some inspiration this year and finally decided to come up with my own design.  Here is what I came up with ... 




I made this card with my Silhouette Cameo and the Designer Edition software.  I had to modify a label shape and weld it to a rectangle to get the exact fold and look I was going for.  I decided that I would make a video tutorial on how I did it.  The video really explains how to use the knife tool to modify existing shapes.  This tool took a while for me to learn, so I thought I would try to explain it.  



I hope you enjoyed the video and got some inspiration for your own Christmas cards.  I will be back later in the week to share some more fun that I had this weekend!!!  Have a great evening.  



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I tried to click on the video but it says "This video is private." But I really love your Christmas card, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I have fixed the issue so you should be able to view the video. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete