Wednesday, September 26, 2012

It's Birthday Time in these Parts

Hey everyone, how's the week going?  Mine got off to a sick start.  Came down with some cold that wiped me out for about 48hrs.  Not fun.  Thank the heavens my Dad was in town this week, he took the kids outside for some much needed play time, and I got to rest a little.  I am feeling much better tonight and hope to be up and at'em tomorrow. 

So October is Birthday month around here.  Both my kiddos have birthdays.  Since they are so close in age and both girls I have a combined party for them in the middle of the month.  Now call me CRAZY but I decided this year that I would let them invite their whole classes both for the party.  So with 37 kids invited to a cupcake decorating party, oh and they are 3 and 5 year olds, it is going to be a whole bunch of messy fun.  Here is the invitation I created:


Card Recipe:
  • A2 sized invite
  • Once Upon a Princess Font for the text
  • Kate's ABCs Font for the Cupcake Party cut-out
  • Stickles in bright pink and purple
  • Ribbon from Walmart
So this invitation process drove me a little crazy, only because my crafting machines wouldn't work the way I wanted them to.  I was planning on using my Imagine to cut and print the invitations, it ended up only printing.  I was so frustrated that I couldn't get it to cut.  So I decided I would print on the Imagine and then move directly over to my Expression to cut.  It was tedious but it worked and I am happy with the end result.  I also did all the dots by hand with the stickles.  I learned how to clean up dots of stickles in this process that I may make a short video on in the future, when I am not planning a party.  So that is that, hope you have a great week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment