Monday, July 30, 2012

A little Scrapbooking

Hi everyone, hope your week has gotten off to a great start.  We have been same old same old, just trying to find things to do to fill our summer days.  I plan to take the kiddos to a water park tomorrow, so that should shake things up.  So lately I have been trying to catch up on my scrapbooking.  Every time I do this I feel energized by it and feel a real sense of accomplishment.  So here are the pages I got completed last week.  I am finished with March now yeah!!!






So I wanted to keep this layout simple and symmetrical but layout my pics in funky angles.  I only used my Cricut for the title on this one.  So just to explain the pics on the Dailies page:  my little baby had gotten out of the bath and I got her dressed, while my older one stayed and played in the tub.  I turned my back for one minute (and forgot to close the bathroom door) and the little one climbed back in the bathtub in her pj's!!!  She is really sneaky.  Here is the second layout I completed:




This layout is, you guessed it, about our visit to the Cherry Blossoms.  I made sure the girls and I were all in pink so that we could get some good photos.  I am rarely in the photos, so this is special.  So there are two exciting things about this layout.  First, I finally figured out how to use my printer to print photos in any size I want.  The grid photos are printed out at 3" x 3".  Second, the title text is actually cut from a cereal box using my Cricut.  Instant chip board embellishments this way.  I used the regular blade, set the blade to 6, the pressure to max, the speed to low, and multi-cut to 2.  It cut like a charm.  Then I heat embossed the letters with linen embossing powder.  I love that I figured out how to do this.

So that is it for today.  I hope to get a few more scrapbooking layouts done this week.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment