Thursday, October 6, 2011

Birthday Madness

Hi all
We are into our crazy birthday month over here in our household.  We just celebrated our oldest daughters' 4th birthday a couple days ago and had so much fun.  I wanted to share a couple of projects that I did to celebrate her birthday.
The first project was a banner.  This is the first banner that I have made and really had fun doing it.  I wanted to embellish it more but ran out of time.  I plan on doing one for our younger daughter later this month and will definately try to do something different.  I think I may need to invest in a new camera because the white letters didn't show up so well in the picture but it looked great in person.

The Recipe is:
  • Waved triangle from Birthday Bash at 6.25"
  • Standard triangle from Birthday Bash at 6"
  • Lettering from Once Upon a Princess at 2.5"
  • I used craft ribbon to attach the banner pieces together and kitchen twine to hang the completed banners
The second project was a birthday card for my little girl.  She really loves bugs so I decided to go with a ladybug.  This was just a quick card that I through together last minute so it is nothing fancy but she still loved it.  The flowers were from her Daddy.  Some poor man in the future is going to be in trouble because my hubby always gets the girls flowers for special occasions.
The Recipe is:
  • Card base is 6" x 6" of white card stock
  • Image base is 5" x 5" of pink card stock that I embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.
  • Ladybug from Birthday Bash at 4.5"
  • After the fact I also added white stickels to the tops of the bugs antenna
  • Sentiment is My Pink Stamper - Family & Friends
The last project I did was to make treat bags and cookies for my daughters school birthday celebration.  It is really nice that they allow us to bring in cookies for the kids and they all sing happy birthday at lunch.  I also made a triple batch of these cookies to send to my brother overseas.  He just left from is mid-tour leave and I thought that it would make going back a little easier.  So here are the cookies and treat bag toppers.







The Recipe is:

  • Topper base is an image from Birthday Bash at 4.5" and is embossed with the Swiss Dots folder for the Cuttlebug
  • Image base from Accent Essentials at 3.5" wide by 2.1" high
  • Birthday hat from Simply Charmed at 2"
  • Sentiment is My Pink Stamper - Sweetest Cupcakes
Hope you all enjoy these projects and please feel free to leave me comments on how I can make my pictures come out better.  It is either me or the camera and so far can't figure it out.  Anyhow hope you have a great evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment