Monday, January 12, 2015

Grateful Journaling

Hi all, Happy Monday!!

Not really ... we had a two hour delay again today, these really mess with my day!!  Especially since it is just raining.  Anyways, I have been reading lately that grateful people tend to be happier people.  Now I am not saying I am not happy but I am trying to be more intentionally grateful to help me in those times where I feel like to world is against me.  So with that in mind I needed a place to write my grateful thoughts down.  I didn't want a book but something that would be a decorative fixture on my bedside table in addition to being functional.  Here is what I came up with ... 




So I started with this box ...


It was a Christmas box from years ago, that had been sitting in my craft room just waiting to be repurposed.  I used a stack of fabric paper that I had bought year's ago to cover all sides of the box.  The fabric paper is really neat because it is thin paper with a sticky backing.  I then used my Silhouette to cut the month dividers.  They are found here and here in the Silhouette Design Store.  The final step was just to cut paper cards to journal my grateful thoughts.  I am not going to force my thoughts so I don't think I will do it everyday, but try as much as I can.  I can also use to to record any things my children do that I want to remember.  

Hope this inspires you to stay grateful and journal those thoughts.  Have a great day, and week if I don't get to another post this week!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment