Wednesday, August 28, 2013

School is Coming...

Hi all, how have you been?  We have been living up the last week of summer here.  As I write I am sitting inside a children's play area, letting the kids get out some of their energy on this rainy summer day.  With school fast approaching, for us it is next week, I thought I would share with you some gift card holder's I made for my kids teacher's at the end of last year.  I know, I know, why am I posting this now?  Well because once summer started I lost all track of time.  But this idea could also be used for any occasion, including the beginning of the school year.  So here they are ...



I used my Cricut and the Forever Friends cartridge to decorate the front of the card.  Both gift card holders were made by cutting a single 8.5" x 11" sheet of card stock in half.  I then folded the cards in half and added a pocket to one side.  I used a Heidi Swapp stamp to embellish the front as well as some ribbon from my stash.

So that is it.  It is really easy to create a custom gift card holder.  It makes a somewhat impersonal gift look and seem well thought out.  Thanks for stopping by!!