Friday, July 5, 2013

Cards and Albums made during the Motography Class

Hi all, look three posts in a row!!!!  How about that!!!  So back in February I took this awesome online class by Jessica Sprague and Heidi Swapp called Motography.  Here is the link to the class page.  It was a week long course about using your camera phone to take better pictures, editing your pictures on your phone using various apps, and also getting the photos off the camera and using them in different kinds of projects.  Let me tell you this was a fantastic class and well worth the $20 I paid.  I learned everything I mentioned above and more.  One of the big focuses of the class was learning how to use Instagram to quickly edit and post your photos.  In addition to the camera side of the class we made a couple really cool card and mini-book projects to showcase the photos.  Here are the cards we made:


These cards were really simple to make and would be great to send to friends or grandparents to give a little update on the kiddos.  I learned while making these cards that you can use your inkjet printer to print on sheets of vellum for a really cool photo effect.  I really love the slider card on the right.  You can put three 2x2 photos on the card for a fun photo booth strip effect.  I sent the first card to my Mom as a birthday card and the second to my sister-in-law as a thank you for hosting us for a weekend.

The second project that we made was a mini book using just a 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbook paper.  I wish I could remember the details, but they were pretty intricate in the way you had to fold and attach to papers.  Here it is:



These little books are so cute, I love them.  I made one for each of the girls with silly photos of them I had taken of the week.  They kind of got irritated with me by the end of the class, because I was taking so many photos with my phone.

So that is that.  If she offers this class again I would highly recommend it.  It was a great combination of  photo and scrapping education.  Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoy your weekend.