Thursday, July 18, 2013

Birthday Cards Galore

Hi all, so we are in the throws of summer.  It is so hot here I melt every time I go outside. We have been spending a lot of time at the pool between swim team and trying to cool off!!!  I hope you all are having a good summer.  So today I have a few birthday cards I have made to show you.  Interestingly enough these are all birthday cards from past months because we actually have no birthdays in July to celebrate.  I feel fortunate for that though, because I might not have had the time to make the cards if there had been.  So here we go:



These two cards were made for a double birthday that my girls were invited to.  The first card was for a boy.  I searched for an Angry Birds svg on the internet and happened to find one for free.  I decided on Angry birds because my youngest had chosen an Angry birds car set for the little boy.  I used some embossing powder to stamp the sentiment on the front.  The second card was for a little girl.  I was teeming to use some glitter so I cut the hat and sentiment out of the Silhouette double sided adhesive paper and then sprinkled the glitter on one side after I had adhered it to the card.  I have to say I really love this paper and glitter technique.  I believe I came across it on the blog Sprinkled with Glitter.



These last two birthday cards were for some rather great people in my life.  The first card was for my good friends 40th birthday card.  It really is fitting to her as she is fabulous and doesn't look the least bit 40.  I used some Dear Lizzy ruffled crepe paper as the background.  I used the Silhouette to print the sentiment on the Heidi Swapp patterned paper and to cut the photo frame and arrow.  I then created the bow with some scrap ribbon that I had on hand.  The last card in one for my dear hubby.  He loves his motorcycle.  I took some inspiration form Pinterest for this card as I have a really hard time with masculine cards.  I again used the Silhouette print and cut feature for the sentiment.

Well that is that.  I hope you have enjoyed and get some new inspiration from the cards.  Have a great evening and try to stay cool during these hot days.  Till next time ...