Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Okay I know Valentine's Day is Over

Good evening all.  As the title says I know Valentine's Day is over but I do have a few more related crafts to show you.  I mentioned in my last post that I would show how I used the treat toppers and so here they are.



I made 12 of these great Red Velvet Whoopie Pies for the kids goody bags.  I got the baking inspiration off of Pinterest.  The actual recipe site is here.  I changed up her filling recipe a bit.  Her cream cheese filling was absolutely delicious on its own but I thought that for a whoopie pie it needed to be less dense.  So I made some whipped cream and folded it into the cream cheese filling,  This made the whole desert have a lighter feel to it.  They were great and I may make them every year.
Here is a pic of my girls showing off their Valentine's from mommy.


And on a final note I wanted to post the Valentine's Card I made for my 2yo class party.



I had to make 13 of these cards so I kept them pretty simple, but I do love the handwritten sentiment. 
Card Recipe:

   * 3" x 3" red card base
   * Heart from Plantin Schoolbook cut at 2.5"
   * Bee from Create-a-critter cut at 2"
   * Ribbon from Jo-ann's
   * Frosted Lace Stickles
   * Embossing from Simply charmed Companion set

Hope you enjoy.  I also wanted to mention a great score I found at Tuesday Mornings.  I walked in there the other day just to see what they had in their crafting section and I saw a Zutter Bind-it-all V2.  The set came with the wire and some chipboard for a price of ..... $25.10!!!!  I could not pass this up.  I already have a project lined up to use it with.  Hope you have a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment