Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourth of July

So here is some T-shirts that I made.  I got the idea from a friend who got the idea from http://familyfun.go.com/.  They came out great.  I had to make 4 adult and 5 kids shirts and they took no time at all.






I did this using Freezer Paper, fabric paint, and my Cricut.  Here are the steps for making the T-shirt.

1.  I cut the freezer paper into 12 x 12 square to fit on my Cricut Expression mat. 

2.  I choose the a star out of the Plantain Schoolbook cartridge and arranged them on the mat in the pattern I wanted. 

3.  I then placed the freezer paper matte or non-wax side down on my cutting mat and cut the pattern with the Cricut.

4.  I then put the freezer paper template that was just made wax side down on the T-shirt and used a non-steaming iron to adhere it to the T-shirt

5.  The I put a piece of cardboard between the front and back of the T-shirt and used the fabric paint to paint inside the stencil

6.  Let the paint dry for a couple hours and then peel off the freezer paper. 

This was so easy and everybody looked great in their T-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment